Topics of Interest
- USC Statement on Excellence
- SEC ad hoc Compensation Review Committee Final Report
- Provost's Communication #25 for Specialized Faculty
Chancellor’s Committee on Adjunct Professors 2011 Final Report
- Campus Safety: Emergency Response Document and Script
- Open Meetings Act (OMA) Electronic Training
- Campus Strategic Plan 2013-2016
Welcome to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Senate website. We hope this site will provide convenient access to useful information. If there is something you would like to have available here, please let us know. Your thoughts and opinions are important to us.
The Senate on the Urbana-Champaign campus is a legislative body comprised of 200 faculty, 50 students, and eight other academic staff members. Duties of senate committees are specified in the Senate Bylaws.
The University of Illinois Statutes, Article II, Section 1, provide for a senate to be constituted at each campus of the University, to exercise legislative functions in matters of educational policy such as:
- The Academic Calendar
- Requirements for admission to colleges and schools
- Requirements for degrees and certificates
- Each senate shall also recommend candidates for honorary degrees, and may propose amendments to the Statutes through the University Senates Conference to the President and the Board of Trustees.
Members of the campus community are welcome to attend meetings of the Senate.
Non-Senators who wish to request floor privileges to discuss items on Senate agendas may do so at least five days in advance of the scheduled meeting by calling 333-6805 or emailing email@example.com. Please provide your name, title, and the name of the item that you wish to address. The Senate will vote on requests for floor privileges. Time allotted for floor privileges for non-Senators may be limited.
2014-15 Senate Executive Committee (SEC) Chair Roy Campbell
2014-15 Senate Executive Committee (SEC) Vice Chair Kim Graber